smoke machine electronics bleg


Say… does anyone have a spare cord that looks like this?

Wiring for smoke machine control

It’s called an IEC plug, and it’s the same type of connector that goes into most desktop PCs. The only trick here is that this is a male connector, not the incredibly-easy-to-find female version. It’s simple enough to order one, but I’d feel stupid paying $7 shipping on an item that costs $1.50.

If you’ve got one lying around, perhaps connected to some ancient piece of unused equipment, let me know. Yes, I will be destroying it. But I can undestroy it afterward! And it’s for a good cause: I need to force a smoke machine with an intermittent controller switch to stay in the on position — a noble calling for a humble cord if ever there was one.

About the author

Tom Lee

Add comment

By Tom Lee